Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Come One, Come All

The Hubs and I just bought some new DVD storage and I found a gem I totally forgot I had.

Carnivàle




Ahh. Don't you just love the concept of the intro. It gets me every time.


I was obsessed with this mini-series when it first debut on HBO in 2003. My Dad and I were super into it, and we never missed a Sunday night episode. I was totally disheveled when they announced they weren't bringing it back for a third season (that is the catch here people!). Any who, I NEED to tell you about it.

IMDB tells us:
"1934, America. The Dustbowl. A fugitive named Ben Hawkins finds refuge within a traveling carnival comprised of a tarot card reader and her catatonic/telekinetic mother, a blind mentalist, a bearded lady, and conjoined twins, amongst others. The carnival is owned by the mysterious and unseen Management, who has designs on the young Hawkins, for the boy is concealing an untapped gift: he can heal the lame and raise the dead--at a price. Ben also finds himself disturbed by cryptic and prophetic dreams, which he shares with a Methodist preacher in California, Brother Justin Crowe. Brother Justin, convinced by his dreams he is following God's will, has begun to practice his own extraordinary talents, although the preacher's plans increasingly lead to disturbing and tragic consequences. In this "last great age of magic," Ben Hawkins and Justin Crowe are moving toward a great conflict between Good and Evil, although it not yet clear on which sides these men will stand. "
If you do decide to watch I will warn you, be prepared for a lot of weird, but good weird, need to see more weird.

The styling of this series is flawless. I believe that is why they eventually had to cut the series, the production was just too expensive.

So before I get to rambling just way too much, Netflix this bad boy. Or go here and here to purchase. You will not regret it. I highly recommend it! In fact the Hub's has never seen it, we might need a snow day to bury in and do the damn thing!

Let me know what you think! I would love to know if anyone else likes this kind of stuff too, any and all opinions are welcome!

{image cred: YouTube, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6}

Punctuate away,

Jessie-Lee

Intense Debate Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...