Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

One Word: Prints

I don't think I could ever get tired of a quality print. Bring them on. I will find a spot on my wall for them. Seriously, when I purchase a house one day the walls will be covered with frames of all shapes and sizes with varying work from floor to ceiling. I wish I was exaggerating.

It is an understatement to say I love design blogs, but one thing I find attractive is the advertisers on design blogs. Quality. That is all there is to say about it. Designers are very picky about what represents them, so they pick the best of the best of sponsors (btw: I would love to get some offers, hint, hint!). I found one of these hidden gems today, and let me just show you the lovelies it has to offer.












I know, a little backwards today. I usually tell you about the pretty things before I show them to you, but I couldn't help myself. Spur Stor is an extension of Spur, a Baltimore, MD design agency. And let me tell you, this agency is pretty bad ass. If there was a dream position with dream clients this might be it. They describe themselves as:
"visual problem solvers who approach every project by connecting words and images with wit and clarity."
How brilliant is that? I strongly encourage you to check out their portfolio here. They have some amazing work in there, it's crazy. Anyway some of their favorite pieces, and those side projects we all like to get involved with are for sale in Spur Stor. Some of those for sale are what I have pictured here.

I personally love their collection Couples, which is comprised of Dada inspired collages. Now if you know me, you know I adore Dada. It is one of those things I don't have much rhyme or reason for, but I am insanely attracted to that time period and the brilliance that came from it. Love. If I could have these on my wall I would, but the Hubs might look at me like I am crazy (he often does, in times like these he smiles and says "sure, Babe").

I am super excited about this find. From now on I will be checking out their blog on a pretty regular basis. I need to be in the know about their work, it really is in a class all its own and therefore extremely inspiring!

So, question of the day, just because I want to know. How do you feel about Dada? I swear I won't criticize you if you hate it, OK well I might judge...I kid, I kid!

{image cred: Spur}

Punctuate away,

Jessie-Lee

CDD534A42G2A

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I've been lacking on my comments and on my own blog, haha.

    I LOVE these posters. This is the kinda thing I want to do with my life. They are so different and kooky, not like many other things that are out there now. I definitely see the Dada influence. Also one of my favorite genres of art, I fully support you hanging these all over your apartment!!

    ReplyDelete

Send me a little love note!

Intense Debate Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...