Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Tie It Up

For a very long time I have had a fascination with knots, I think it subconsciously reminds me of where I grew up. I enjoy their intricacy, their durability and all the tricks they entail. I especially adore drawings of knots, I feel like you need to be a very patient and detail oriented artist to document a knot. I find that nearly impossible. As a child my Dad had this book, which is now in my possession (he probably is wondering where it is) that had pages full of beautiful illustrations of knots. I adore it.

This fascination with knots has led me to go into fits over knot jewelry. I simply love it! The most common knot jewelry is something most people are familiar with, the love knot. I only have one pair of silver studs, but I am imagining myself building a life long collection of this knot jewelry to leave my grandchildren one day. From time to time I browse Etsy (shocker right?) and I love to see what jewelry designers are doing with the simple, eloquent concept. I have built myself a hefty little favorites list and I think it is finally time to share it. (Hubs: if you are reading this, think Christmas (I like the bracelets the best!))

Harborside Treasures

Round About
Harborside Treasures
Jean Skipper
Natasha Grasso
This is my absolute favorite!
Meg1081
myOlivette
4petessake
Aren't they beautiful. I really want that bracelet! It is just too perfect. Swoon worthy to say the least.

What is your favorite piece of jewelry? Or a collection you hope to inherit one day?

{image cred: respective of the links listed below each image}

Punctuate away,

Jessie-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a little love note!

Intense Debate Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...