Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Is He Crazy?!?

So this is pretty much awesome, although insanely crazy. So this guy Chris Held decided that it would be totally awesome to mirror those aesthetics evident in a persian rug. Ok that is a lot of hard work, but still pretty awesome. But here is the catch he decided to do this on a dry erase board. Thats right smelly markers and a felt eraser dry erase board. Just one question...

Who does that??

Yeah I thought it was insane too. He decided to make this interactive art piece from a shipping pallet. Co created with Andrew Vomhof, this is truly impressive.





Yeah really, really crazy. But if you think about it, it really puts a certain perspective on the things we do as artist. I mean who is to say that everything that we create is going to stand as we create it. What we construct is deconstruct-able just like everything else in this world. Nothing is definite. It is such a huge sense of self for someone to create and then willingly destroy. I know as a designer, I could never do that I get way to attached to my work. 

How do you feel about it? Could you stand to give it up? Or could you willingly erase it all to start a new?

{image cred: via designboom}

Punctuate away,

Jessie-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a little love note!

Intense Debate Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...