Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

In the Name of Fashion

So, in case you have been living under a box, it's New York Fashion Week. Iconic. So in light of this overly amazing situation, lets get down to business.

Little did I know, designers actually send out invitations to their shows. I guess that makes sense, you send out show cards for a gallery opening. I guess I just didn't realize. Anyway, it has opened up a whole new door for me. I mean, lets face it. Fashion is design. It is all relevant. And if any of you know me, I am addicted to Project Runway for a reason. It is so inspirational!

Back to the invites. Designers want your attention. Period. It doesn't matter what kind of designer you are, you want someone to notice you. What better way to make a first impression then to send out an invitation in light of the style of your line. Perfect!

Candela

Rachel Antonoff
Style.com
Alice + Olivia
Parkchoonmoo
Can I just tell you how much I adore the first one? I want to design something along those lines. And the feather? Just the greatest touch ever. I love little details like that.

Wouldn't you just love to receive one of these in the mail? I know I would. I might frame it. I am just a little obsessed. As I am sitting at my data entry desk in good old Lynchburg, VA I cannot help but envy those able to attend the shows. I can only imagine what it would be like to be in the same room as some of those designers. The level of creativity is insane. I just want to soak it all up.

So what do you think? Is fashion week a crock for the pretty people? Or would you do anything to be there?

{image cred: Refinery29 via Poppytalk}

Punctuate away,

Jessie-Lee

1 comment:

  1. I love the Rachel Antonoff one! I think it is so pretty and dainty. I never really thought about fashion show invitations before either. The possibilities are endless!!

    ReplyDelete

Send me a little love note!

Intense Debate Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...