Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

'Tis That Time of Year

So, lets add just one more thing to my ever expanding to do list. Unfortunately, or fortunately(?) it is becoming that time of the year again. That time of the year where every good designer takes the time to get a one up. Yup, I am talking about designing the yearly holiday card people! Last year I went the lazy route, I bought cards (eek! I know) and then designed a bad ass envelope. I like to think I gave the post office people something awesome to look at, while being a major pain in their ass at the same time. But every card made it where it needed to go.

This year, new plan. Be done with my design by the end of October. In my mind right now, that seems pretty much impossible but I need to find a way to make it work.

What sparked all this holiday talk you might ask? I fully blame Give Studio. While not working, at work I happened to stumble upon their wonderful stationery. Bad idea. Now I am inspired to live up to this potential.









I especially like those ones that mention peace, stillness and rest. What is that? I would love it if someone could show me.

I really enjoy the personality in these cards. It's heartfelt without being too craft like. Oh, and I also enjoy the non-traditional colors. It sort of makes me want to go entirely blue this year. I think it would be a nice break in most peoples massive collections of red and green. Plus I have had my fair share of the color red this year after my wedding. Just say no to red stationery for a while.

Well, there you have it. The first reminder that these things are looming in the near future!

{image cred: Give Studio}

Punctuate away,

Jessie-Lee

P.S. I am REALLY sorry if this brought any of you designers to a "holy crap, seriously" moment. Really, it wasn't my initial intention.

1 comment:

  1. Good call, I've never actually made my own holiday cards but I'm totally going to this year! We could do some for Nimble too!!

    ReplyDelete

Send me a little love note!

Intense Debate Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...