Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This Is Why Being A Graphic Designer Is Cool

When I saw stuff like this as a kid, it made me want to become a graphic designer. The reason being that design crosses all boundaries. I mean think about it, what do you look at that hasn't been graphically designed in some way? It is just so cool, right?

Well the Dude's over at Urban Influence get that, by a lot. I spotted their handy work over at Black*Eiffel this morning. The blog was showing off some awesome wedding invites the guys did. To say the least, impressive and very modern classy.

That little encounter took me to their main site. Awesome! And it was here I found this project in their portfolio, and I fell hard for it.

They were in charge of the redesign of the New Sheridan Hotel, in Colorado. Let them tell you a little about it:
"Four years after Telluride, Colorado was founded, the New Sheridan Hotel was built in classic Victorian style. Over the past few decades, directional changes left the hotel without a defined voice. Renovations in 2008, including interior design by renowned Nina Campbell, created an opportunity for the New Sheridan to address the entire brand experience.
The New Sheridan’s brand focuses on unprecedented attention to detail in every collateral touchpoint. The same exquisite detail lavished upon the interior design is reflected in every component from custom menu covers and uniforms to maps and to-go cups, for an unforgettably modern brand experience rooted in true old world service ideals."












Personally, I think this redesign is gorgeous. It combines that vintage feel, that has been so popular lately, with a crisp modern element. I think it is the perfect balance. And can we mention all the patterns? It really brings the whole thing to another level. It makes it dimensional while solidifying a very evident style.

Oh and see what I mean about design translating? There are so many things they had to take into consideration while re branding quite the established establishment. Ha! I mean seriously, how much would you want to carry that umbrella? I would! And I have never been to the place, or live anywhere close enough to go visit.

Bravo boys!

So what do you think? Oh, and more importantly, what were your reasons for getting into design?

{image cred: Urban Influence}

Punctuate away,

Jessie-Lee

P.S. Do you guys like the pure graphic design approach? Or do you like it better when I mix all my post content up? Just want to know what you want to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me a little love note!

Intense Debate Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...